Interview with Eunice Ser, Senior People and Culture Executive
(Human Resources) | Bulletin
1. Tell us about yourself and the job that you do. What are your day to day responsibilities?
My name is Eunice and I have just celebrated my 2-year work anniversary with HOPE Technik as a Senior People and Culture Executive (Human Resources). Part of my role is being involved in the recruiting, hiring and training of new teammates, while also ensuring that our existing teammates are taken care of.
A little background about myself: I graduated from Singapore Polytechnic with a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. You might wonder, “Why work in Human Resources (HR) when you have a background in Mechanical Engineering?” This is because I prefer interacting with people and the role that we play in HR allows me to do that – teammates can confide in us on the challenges they face at work but at the same time, voice out what they are satisfied with. Our door is always open and we encourage this 2-way communication.
2. What do you like about the work culture at HOPE Technik?
The general cohesiveness of everyone in the company. We may have many different nationalities in the company – 17 in fact – but we work well with one another with minimal communication barriers.
Everyone is willing to extend a helping hand when needed, be it making donations, volunteering to pack goodie bags for our adopted elderly day care centre or even cooking and preparing food for festive celebrations! We work hard and play hard together, and when we have celebrations at the company, we bring our family to spend it together with our work family. There is always something fun to look forward to at HOPE Technik.
3. As we enter into 2019, what do you wish to achieve?
I wish to achieve two things:
- On a department level: the People and Culture team aims to plan more recreational events and activities to better engage our teammates.
- On a personal level, I intend to pick up more IT skills to increase my skillset and see how I can apply this to my day to day work.